Connection Groups are an essential part of our church, as they provide a place where deeper fellowship and better support for one another can take place. Considering that the early church worshipped in large settings in the synagogues, as well as in homes, we unite together similarly in order to be in deeper fellowship with God and one another. God has reconciled us not only to Himself but also to each other. This "each other" is called His Church. Thus, we intentionally strive toward community through men's/women's groups, home gatherings, Sunday School style classes, and other personal settings.
Adult Connection Groups
Adult Connection Groups are designed to help you grow in grace and build strong Christian friendships. These connection opportunities run on a semester base, meaning that typically, each group will have a start and end date throughout each semester. The semesters we offer are winter (Dec.-Feb.), Spring (March-May), Summer (June-Aug.), and Fall (Sept.-Nov.).
For this fall, the following groups are what you can participate in. Below each description, you will find a link to register for that group. Some groups will have a max capacity, so sign up as soon as you are settled on which one works for you. Each fall group will begin the week of September 13. Group leaders this fall are:
• Chuck Young - Chuck has been a group teacher for many years and his class always enjoys his insightful teaching style. He will be leading a group on Sunday Evening outside under the drive-thru awning at 6 PM. If you are interested in registering for Chuck's Group, click here to register!
• Brooks and Erin Green - The Greens have facilitated a group for a couple of years now, and offer a balanced biblical perspective to each of their studies. Brooks and Erin will begin the fall semester studying the Book of Jonah in the lower level of the church on Sunday mornings at 9:00 AM. If you are interested in registering for The Green's Group, click here to register!
• Heidi Winders - Heidi has lead several ladies' studies through the years and does a great job connecting our ladies together while grounding the conversations in biblical truth. Heidi will host her group study through the book "Mama Bear Apologetics" on Sunday Evenings at the church at 6:00 PM. This book is all about helping us equip the young lives God has entrusted to us with a gospel-centered worldview - it's really, really good! If you are interested in registering for Heidi's group, click here to register!
• Pastor John - The number one issue in The Church today is bible illiteracy. If our behavior is driven by what we believe, and our beliefs are grounded in what the bible actually says, then we ought to study, meditate, and apply scripture with extreme intention. Beginning Tuesday, September 15 at 7 PM, we will take six weeks to learn "The Basics of Studying the Bible." This group will go from September 15 through October 27 (skipping Oct. 20). If that timeframe works for you, join us! If you are interested in registering for Pastor John's Group, click here to register!
NextGen Connection Groups
For our kids and teens (now titled NextGeneration Ministries) we have several familiar options for kids to connect to bible truth and one another. We are implementing similar protections as the local schools, in regards to coronavirus. If you have questions about this, please contact pastor Bobby at firstname.lastname@example.org
Available in-person options include:
• Sundays at 9:00 AM (Newborn - 12th Grade) - The 9:00 AM NextGen Groups option is a smaller class setting like Sunday School has always been. Kid's groups include Nursery, 3-4-Year-Olds, K-2nd Grade, and 3rd-6th Grade in the lower level while the 7th-12th Grade will be upstairs in the Teen Room.
• Sundays at 10:30 AM (Newborn - 6th Grade) - The 10:30 AM NextGen Groups option is a little larger setting like Children's Church has always been. These classes are Nursery, 3-4-Year-Olds, K-2nd Grade, and 3rd-6th Grade. Teens are encouraged to sit with their parents in the 10:30 AM worship service.
• Sunday Evening Teen Group (7th - 12th Grade) - Teen group has always been a huge part of our Teen Ministry. This time includes games, lessons, and lots of laughs! Teen Group will be from 6:00-7:00 PM.
• Wednesday AWANA (3 years old - 6th Grade)
- AWANA has served as a great time for fun and learning as we emphasize scripture memory. Although it will look very different this year with restrictions in place, we still plan to have an opening, game time, lesson time, and verse time. We will be limiting the size of AWANA this year, so be sure to sign up soon so we can plan for your child! Also, consider helping us as a volunteer during AWANA. It's a great way to give back and receive a blessing at the same time! AWANA this year will begin at 6:30 PM.
If you are interested in registering your child or teen for any group listed above, please click here to register!
Each week, groups gather on our church campus, but we also have opportunities away from the facilty to connect too. From seasonal men's and women's studies to semester based in-home groups, there are plenty of opportunities to connect relationally with others in our faith family.
Groups come in all shapes and sizes — married couples, singles, men, women, kids, no kids, workplace, under 20, over 40 — the list goes on. No matter where you are in life, there’s a group for you. Ready to dive in?